Customer Care Specialist (13-109)
|Benefits:||Offering a competitive benefits package to our team members is a top priority. Our team members are offered medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and voluntary life benefits. We ensure long term success by offering a 401k plan with company match as well as company-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and wellness programs. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for responding to MidCountry Bank Customer Care requests in an accurate, timely and professional manner providing prompt, courteous service promoting professionalism, confidentiality and the desire to assist. |
This includes but is not limited to: answering department telephones, online chat, department email and Online Banking email support. Primary support for eBanking services including: Online Account Opening, Bill Pay, Mobile Banking, eStatements, Online Money Movement (including but not limited to A2A and P2P) and Automated Phone Banking.
|Duties:||Description of Duties|
1. Answers and logs incoming customer phone calls professionally and accurately, providing a positive experience with satisfactory call resolution including identifying and making service or product recommendations when warranted.
Customer inquiries will be for a variety of reasons but not limited to product questions, rates, eBanking inquiries, debit card issues, research requests, cash advances and sensitive customer relation issues. Callers may need direction on MidCountry Bank products or may be calling for any of our affiliates.
2. Provides first level support for all areas of electronic banking operations (mobile banking, bill pay, online banking, debit card processing, mobile capture), including functioning as technical and procedural liaison between the customer, Fiserv, and third-party vendors.
3. Completes all routine email requests from Online Banking and the Customer Care email box timely, professionally and accurately, providing a positive experience with satisfactory resolution including identifying and making service or product recommendations when warranted.
4. Answers incoming customer chats professionally and accurately, developing client relationships by providing a positive experience with satisfactory resolution including identifying and making service or product recommendations when warranted.
5. Provides second level branch support for all eBanking issues including online banking access, mobile banking, bill pay, online money movement and online account opening
6. Provides all support for customers and branch staff regarding debit card issues. Works with card holders to determine why transactions were denied and provides solutions for allowing transaction to post when warranted. Responsible for removing out of country blocks for customers who are traveling, raising limits on cards, ordering new PIN numbers, hot carding and closing cards, managing the renewal process (including contacting business customers and providing applications for business debit cards), managing the Reg E Opt In process, recognizing and accepting customer transaction dispute cases, managing the Secure Code process, and educating customers on how to best keep their card and money safe through usage of PIN and tranblocker scoring.
7. Increases self knowledge of all bank products, services and banking regulations through online courses, weekly training sessions, 1 on 1’s, procedure review and all available resources.
8. Processes customer requested withdrawals (CD & IRA) and account closings. Works to save accounts and reviews available product and service options with the customers.
9. Responsible for the coordination, communication and agenda for daily department meetings, involving Management when warranted.
10. Completes assigned departmental tasks and assists with projects as assigned.
*Must be available to work until 6pm on weekdays and Saturdays until noon.
•High School diploma or equivalent
•1-3 years previous experience
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated solid verbal and written communication skills as well as listening techniques to resolve customers’ inquiries.
• Strong knowledge of PCs, proficient MS Office and Excel skills.
• Ability to accurately type 30 WPM
• Detail-oriented, ability to grasp ideas and concepts quickly and demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and calm potential disgruntled customers.
• Basic knowledge of banking and specific regulations as it pertains to customer service support.
• Previous customer service experience with direct general public contact.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.